Tuesday, December 02, 2003

LA Story:

I'm happy to report that I caught the Twilight Singers
at the El Rey Theatre last Weds night in LA. It was
much better than the NY show. (Although I'd love a
bootleg of the NY show just for Greg Dulli's 20 minute
intros to the songs alone! I'm still repeating many of
the lines!!)

The show went from 11pm to about 1:15am. Dulli only
rambled when he came out for the first encore. He was
on point for the whole show. It smoked! Hardly any
breaks between songs and short introductions when he
did speak. Although there was no Kate Bush cover for
the LA show. Too bad because it was a cool cover.

Apollonia and Rachel Haden did back-up for the first 2
songs. They were off key and kinda bad though - good
thing they didn't stay for the whole show.

And get this - Keanu Reeves was standing next to me
during part of the LA show (even copying me dancing
during a song). The cool part is that the first time I
ever saw the Afghan Whigs live was in Toronto at Lee's
Palace - April 1st 1994 - Keanu was at that show too!
I'm so glad Mr. Matrix is still a Dulli fan after
almost 10 years!!

rock on,
Catonia

now playing - new Phantom Planet album sounds good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home