Monday, June 26, 2006

Let's hear it for Jay-Z!!!





Man, I was a lucky girl on Saturday night. I got to attend the Jay-Z Special Preview Concert at the Nokia Theatre. He performed all of his classic album Reasonable Doubt and then brought out the HITS for the 40 minute encore. I was in heaven!! Jay-z is still one of the best rappers around in my opinion.

He swaggered out on stage in a white blazer to be backed by a FULL ORCHESTRA!
?uestlove from the legendary Roots crew was on the drums. Just Blaze was on the turntables. And he brought out 2 guest rappers: Memphis Bleek and Sauce Money.

I got to enjoy the show in a seat in the second row thanks to rapper M-1 from dead prez who has a solo album out on KOCH Records (the label I work for). M-1 was there with singer Rae and some pals and he gave me the extra seat they had. I had fun hanging with them! And the concert was a blast!!

Celebrity sightings included QUEEN LATIFAH and DAVID SCHWIMMER aka 'Ross' from Friends.

Last night Jay-Z performed at Radio City Music Hall to commorate the 10th anniversary of Reasonable Doubt so Saturday night's show was a warm-up for that. Although tickets went for $250 to $1,000 I heard...so I'm glad I was able to go on Sat for free!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home