Monday, July 10, 2006

My friends Broken Social Scene were on LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN June 29th!

I was lucky enough to get invited to the live taping. It was VERY COOL to be there. I will definitely mark it down as yet another fun New York experience pour moi! David Letterman is a quirky but great guy. And he seemed to dig BSS!! Paul Shaffer sure did love them but he's Canadian so it goes without saying...ha!



They also played on Thursday July 6th at Prospect Park. I went to the show with my friend Jen. It was a gorgeous night and the band played superbly.
Click here for some pics and a short review (albeit not the greatest review).




Yes, it was a paid show so a few people stayed away. I guess one gets spoiled by all the free shows in New York in the summer. But they have to have some paid ones in order for the free ones to take place...otherwise there would be no free shows at all! The large crowd who did show up and paid 30 bucks LOVED the show. No doubt about that.

Also my friend Exan sent me a link to a story about a benefit show Broken Social Scene played with J. Mascis of Dinosaur Jr fame in Toronto. They called themselves Broken Mascis Scene and played some Dino Jr classic tracks. Got to love it. The live recording is posted. Check it out. Go Broken Social Scene! Toronto music rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home